Although Turinabol is relatively mild in nature when compared to other anabolic steroids, including its cousin, Dianabol, there are still some significant Turinabol side effects that could occur.
Fortunately, with the right precautions, it is possible to avoid them.
Like all anabolic steroids, there are some Turinabol side effects that are completely unavoidable, and testosterone suppression is one of them.
Tbol binds to the same receptors as testosterone, so shortly after starting the steroid, your body will recognize that the receptors are full and stop producing new testosterone.
To combat this, it’s advised that you include some sort of extraneous testosterone in your stack. Most athletes and bodybuilders recommend 300mg to 500mg of testosterone enanthate each week.
This ester is preferable because it has a long half-life that allows for less frequent injections.
Other Tbol Side Effects Include:
- Oily skin and acne. Because these are due to hormonal fluctuations, there’s little you can do to completely prevent them. Medicated face and body washes designed to treat acne might help, as can staying hydrated and using water-based moisturizers instead of heavy oil-based ones.
- Gastrointestinal effects. Some people experience things like acid reflux or constipation when using Turinabol. Again, these are often attributed to the hormonal changes. You can use OTC medications to treat the symptoms as they arise.
- Sleep disruptions. There are some who find that anabolic steroids cause sleep disruptions. The best way to avoid these is to avoid taking your dose within four to six hours of going to bed. If you still experience insomnia or frequent waking, consider an OTC sleep aid such as doxylamine succinate or diphenhydramine.
- Mood changes. The changing of hormones within your body may lead to mood changes. Some people find that gradually increasing their dose can help them avoid these side effects of Turinabol by giving their bodies time to adjust to the hormone changes.
- Male pattern baldness. Of all the Turinabol side effects, this is the only one that is impossible to prevent or even treat with any guarantee of success. Turinabol may speed hair loss in individuals who are already predisposed to male pattern balding, and the only way to avoid this is to simply avoid using Turinabol. Some men find that products containing minoxidil can help them slow hair loss or even regrow hair, but these products do not work for everyone.
Estrogenic Side Effects
Though Turinabol does not aromatize into estrogen, the testosterone that you should be pairing with it during your cycle certainly does.
For this reason, you should be taking the right precautions to prevent not just Turinabol side effects, but also testosterone side effects.
There may also be a chance that the steroid you purchased isn’t Turibabol but Dianabol which does aromatize so it’s good to have some on hand regardless. Aromatase inhibitors like Arimidex, Letrozole, and Aromasin are all great choices, but Arimidex seems to be more widely available and produces fewer side effects than the others.
Take 0.5mg of Arimidex every other day during your cycle to prevent estrogen conversion and the related effects. Letrozole is usually only recommended for those who start to show signs of gyno and need to reverse it.
Another of the most common Turinabol side effects is high cholesterol. Not only can Tbol significantly suppress HDL cholesterol, which is considered “good”, it can also increase the amount of LDL cholesterol, which builds up in arteries over time and causes blockages.
In fact, research suggests that Tbol’s effect on cholesterol is stronger than all injectable steroids. If you have high cholesterol, do not use this product.
To stave off the buildup of HDL, make sure that you eat a diet rich in omega-3s, watch the amount of saturated fats and simple sugars you consume, and implement daily cardio into your workout routine.
With this information in mind, if you currently have high cholesterol, or if you take a daily maintenance medicine to keep your cholesterol levels in check, you should avoid using Turinabol and most other anabolic steroids. It can reverse the action of your medications, leading to potentially dangerous plaque and even heart attacks or strokes.
Liver damage is one of many potential Turinabol side effects, and the risk of damage increases along with the size of your dose and the length of your cycle. To prevent it, use the lowest dose that provides you with the results you want, and cut your cycle as short as possible.
For instance, if you are taking 30mg to 40mg per day, your cycle length should be no more than 12 weeks. If you are taking 60mg to 80mg per day, you should keep your cycle length to between six and eight weeks. Some athletes use supplements like milk thistle to help prevent liver damage which is recommended with any oral steroid cycle.
Post-Cycle Side Effects
For many people, the most significant Tbol side effects occur after their cycles end as a result of the continued testosterone suppression. Following your cycle, it is necessary to implement post-cycle therapy, or PCT, in order to help your body begin natural testosterone production once again.
Nolvadex is a smart choice as it is relatively inexpensive and provides optimal results at a very low dose. You should start your PCT three days after your cycle ends since Turinabol has such as short half-life, and for the first two weeks, you will need 40mg of Nolvadex per day. Then, you’ll take 20mg of Nolvadex for the next two weeks.
Avoiding Turinabol Side Effects with Responsible Use
Finally, the best way to avoid Turinabol side effects – especially the more serious ones – involves using Turinabol safely and responsibly. This starts with taking the proper dose, which is shown in the chart below.
|Experience Level||Daily Dose (Beginner)||Maximum Daily Dose|
Next, you need to remember to shorten your cycle length as your dose increases to prevent damage to your liver and other potential side effects. Pair your Turinabol with a good testosterone base, and make sure you use the right supplements to protect yourself from estrogenic side effects both during and after your cycle. These are all the steps to cycling responsibly and avoiding Turinabol side effects.
All in all, Turinabol side effects are generally mild, particularly when compared to other oral anabolic steroids. While not everyone will experience high cholesterol or liver damage, all men will need to handle the inevitable testosterone suppression with extraneous supplementation and post-cycle therapy.