Sustanon 250 is probably one of the most underrated performance enhancers available today.
This blend of testosterone esters provides bodybuilders with the best of both worlds: fast-acting testosterone that provides a near-instant energy boost and slow-acting testosterone for the best possible muscle growth.
Below, you can find some tips for putting together an excellent Sustanon 250 cycle.
Prepping for Your First Sustanon 250 Cycle
Before diving right in and starting your Sustanon 250 cycle, it’s important for you to create a plan to get the most out of your cycle without sacrificing your health.
The following tips are considerations you should make before you take your first dose.
- Buy the Sustanon you need up front. When planning for a cycle, it’s vital that you buy all the Sustanon you will need to finish the cycle up front. Running out mid-cycle can create delays in your progress, and it may even send you backwards.
- Buy your supplements up front, too. Just as you should buy all your steroid up front before you start, it’s just as vital to purchase any aromatase inhibitors (or other supplements) you will need to finish your Sustanon 250 cycle safely before you even start.
- Plan PCT ahead of time. Understand what type of PCT you plan to use and buy all the necessary ingredients beforehand. You should never start a steroid cycle of any kind without adequate supplements for PCT on hand (discussed below).
- Understand your diet and exercise plan. Although a Sustanon 250 cycle can certainly change your physique, it can’t do it alone. You will need to change your diet and exercise to suit your goals. For example, you will want to eat a high-calorie, high-protein diet for bulking, and a low-calorie, high-protein diet for cutting.
- Determine your ideal dose of Sustanon. Jumping right in at the maximum dose is discouraged. Not all men can handle a large dose of Sustanon. For this reason, your very first cycle should be a “test” cycle during which you titrate your dose and test your tolerance.
Determining Your Ideal Dose
The next step in planning a successful Sustanon 250 cycle involves finding the perfect dose for your goals and personal tolerance. The best way to do this involves titration.
In other words, you start with a very low dose and gradually work your way up over the course of several days, watching for side effects along the way.
The chart below shows a sample titration cycle from start to finish, up to the maximum dose. Bear in mind that beginners may want to cap the dosage for their first cycle at 750mg per week.
Doses of 1000mg per week are not uncommon, but they are typically reserved for more advanced users who have more experience with exogenous testosterone.
If you begin to experience unwanted or particularly bothersome side effects at any point during this eight-week period, reduce your dose to the previous week’s dose and use that as your starting point for your first full Sustanon 250 cycle.
Remember to treat this as you would a standard cycle, as well – don’t forget to use an aromatase inhibitor and follow up with PCT.
Another important consideration is your Sustanon 250 cycle length, which should be adjusted based on your dose. One of the best ways to prevent side effects is to use the lowest effective dose for the shortest possible time.
For example, if you were going to use a dose of 500mg weekly, you could likely continue your cycle for up to 16 weeks safely if you use an AI and PCT. Conversely, if you will use the 1000mg maximum dose, you should shorten your cycle to about eight weeks. Otherwise, the high dose may cause significant side effects that get worse over time.
For example, if you would typically pair your Dianabol with testosterone enanthate, you could instead use it in a Sustanon 250 cycle and enjoy the benefits of both fast-acting and long-lived forms of testosterone. For instance, consider the following cycle:
- Weeks 1 – 6: 500mg per week Sustanon 250, 25mg per day Dianabol, and 0.5mg Arimidex every other day
- Weeks 7 – 12: 500mg per week Sustanon 250 and 0.5 Arimidex every other day
Here, you will use the Dianabol to kick-start your gains, but finish out your cycle with the Sustanon 250. Doing so provides amazing gains on the front end, but also helps minimize the risks associated with the Dianabol side effects over the long-term.
Although cutting is never as fun as bulking, a Sustanon 250 cycle can make things simple. The goal of your cutting cycle is to obtain a vascular, defined look. In order to do it, you need to cut your calories and increase the intensity of your workouts.
Unfortunately, many bodybuilders tend to lose some of the muscle mass they worked so hard to gain. A good Sustanon 250 cycle can help prevent that.
The blend of testosterone gives you a welcomed energy boost, and it also helps you maintain your gains without adding additional pounds when you use it at the right doses. A great way to use it involves pairing it with Anavar as follows:
- Weeks 1 – 4: 500 mg per week Sustanon 250 and 0.5mg Letrozole every other day
- Weeks 5 – 12: 500mg per week Sustanon 250, 50mg per day Anavar, and 0.5mg Letrozole every other day
This is a simple and effective Sustanon 250 cycle that can help you hold onto your gains, cut fat, and harden your muscles nicely.
When you use any kind of steroid or testosterone over the course of three weeks or longer, your body stops making natural testosterone.
Because of this, you need to make sure to implement PCT in order to help your body start producing natural testosterone again.
You will need to start your therapy 10 days after your last dose of Sustanon 250, and all you need is a SERM, or Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator.
Nolvadex is generally regarded as one of the best, and you will use 40mg per day for the first two weeks, 20mg per day for the next two weeks, and then 10mg a day for one more week. You can continue it for a sixth week if necessary.
As you can see, Sustanon 250 is an incredibly versatile form of testosterone that makes the perfect base for any bulking or cutting cycle. As long as you use it responsibly and follow it up with suitable post-cycle therapy, a Sustanon 250 cycle is safe and effective.