One of the mildest steroids on the market today, and while many male bodybuilders consider it a staple in their cutting cycles, women can actually use it as a bulking agent. Anavar cycle for women are easy to follow, and they provide some excellent results with very little risk of severe side effects.
Although men have a vast number of anabolic steroids from which to choose when they want to gain muscle mass or melt away body fat, women are not so lucky. There are only a few out there that are safe and effective for women, and women cycles are quite popular for this reason. It does not cause virilization like other steroids as long as it is used responsibly. In fact, in many bodybuilding circles, Anavar is considered “the steroid for women”.
What to Expect During Women Cycles
Female bodybuilders have more fat than their male counterparts. That is a fact. Estrogen is more dominant in women, and this hormone plays a role in creating fat deposits around organs and just beneath the skin. This is why women, by their very nature, are “softer” than men. Anavar can change all of that. The goal for a woman is to improve muscle mass while melting away body fat, and that is exactly what it does. Whereas many diets that would cause a woman to lose weight would also affect her muscle mass, it helps to preserve and even build it – all at the same time.
One of the best Anavar cycle for women is for cutting, and it uses Anavar as its base.
- Week 1: 10mg per day Anavar” and 20mcg per day of Clenbuterol
- Weeks 2 and 3: 10mg per day ” and 40mcg per day of Clenbuterol
- Week 4: 10mg per day ” and 60mcg per day of Clenbuterol
- Week 5: 10mg per day “, 60mcg per day Clenbuterol, 10mg per day of Nolvadex
- Weeks 6 and 7: 10mg per day “, 80mcg per day Clenbuterol, 10mg per day of Nolvadex
- Week 8: 10mg per day “, 100mcg per day Clenbuterol, 10mg per day of Nolvadex
As previously mentioned, while it is not a bulking agent for men, it certainly can be for women. If you want to add muscle mass during the off-season, it is a good choice. To do it, simply follow the aforementioned cycle, omit the Clenbuterol and Nolvadex, and incorporate a high-calorie diet with a sufficient workout routine. Remember that you want to consume plenty of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats along with your vegetable and fruit nutrients. These foods provide you with your energy and the building blocks you need to develop lean muscle mass. You can also add HGH, which is safe for women, at a dose of 1iu to 2iu per day.
Women and Exercise Guidelines
One of the most versatile steroids in any woman’s arsenal. It works just as well for adding muscle mass as it does for cutting body fat. While it is important to adjust your Anavar dosage according to your goals, your exercise regimen is also vital for reaching your goals. You should change your routine based on your goals as follows:
- Bulking – When adding lean muscle mass, your goal involves consuming extra calories and protein, then working to convert those calories and that protein into lean muscle tissue. As such, you should avoid high-intensity cardio, which can burn the calories you take in before they can be used for protein synthesis. Instead, focus solely on weightlifting and resistance training. These will help you build muscle tissue.
- Cutting – Cutting, on the other hand, is a bit different. During this type of female Anavar cycle, you will want to consume fewer calories and add high-intensity cardio to your routine. It will act as a means to retain your existing muscle mass, and it can also provide you with a source of energy while consuming a calorie-deficient diet. However, you should not stop your resistance training and weightlifting. Continue with these to maintain your muscle mass, but you should also do cardio for 30 to 40 minutes at least four times each week.
Potential Side Effects
All anabolic steroids, create a risk for side effects in both men and women. Women experience different side effects than their male counterparts, too. While men may experience side effects related to excess estrogen, women experience the opposite – side effects associated with too much testosterone. Anavar is not testosterone, but it is derived from the hormone and is very similar in molecular structure. In fact, it binds to the same receptors as testosterone, which produces many of the same effects.
The main side effects to avoid during women cycles are those associated with virilization. Virilization occurs when women begin to display masculine physical traits. For example, things like a deeper voice, increased growth of body hair, decreased breast size, and clitoral enlargement can all occur. However, these female side effects are rare when women are diligent in using it responsibly. If you begin to experience any of these side effects, stop using immediately. Virilization can become permanent with time.
Some of the other side effects you may experience during an Anavar cycle include:
- Insomnia or other sleep disruptions.
- Loss of appetite.
- Oily skin and/or acne.
- Nausea, with or without vomiting.
For most women, these side effects occur within the first few days of using. They are usually mild in nature and they tend to go away on their own over time. If they persist more than seven to 10 days, or if they become bothersome or severe, you should stop using.
Dosing for Women Cycles
When it comes to avoiding the potentially harmful and permanent side effects associated with steroids, it is vital that you use it responsibly. The dose you will need depends on your goals, as well. The chart below shows how much to take based on what you’re trying to accomplish, and it also indicates a safe cycle length.
Goal Max Daily Dose Cycle Length (Weeks)
The maximum recommended dose for Anavar cycle for women is 40mg per day, but this greatly increases the odds that you will experience negative side effects, including things like mood swings or even virilization. What’s more, there is evidence to suggest that taking 40mg per day does not provide much more benefit than 20mg per day, which means the added benefit is simply not worth the risk. Should you choose to use a higher dose than those shown above, you should adjust your cycle length to suit. As an example, if you choose to use 30mg per day during your bulking cycle, you should also reduce your cycle length to six weeks. On the other hand, if you find that 10mg per day provides you with the results you want, then you can extend your cycle out to 10 weeks, instead. Although men often experience mixed results, it is one of the best choices out there for women. It works well as a bulking or cutting agent, and it does not cause the development of masculine characteristics as readily or rapidly as other steroids do.