Pinwheels are a fun party appetizer that double as a ready made lunch or snack. While most pinwheels are considered to be “party food”, these turkey, spinach and cranberry pinwheels are much, much more. Made with a homemade herb cream cheese spread and topped with fresh spinach, turkey and dried cranberries, these pinwheels are sure to be everyone’s favorite!
Pinwheels make a great appetizer because of how adaptable they are. Normal flour tortillas can be swapped out for whole grain or even gluten-free if there is a gluten intolerance. Also, dairy-free cream cheese can be used in place of the normal cream cheese to make these pinwheels dairy-free. All pinwheel recipes are completely customizable!
In this pinwheel recipe we use Turkey, spinach and dried cranberries to create a savory yet sweet appetizer.
Turkey, Spinach and Cranberry Pinwheels
Makes 25 rolls
- 5 (10 inch) flour tortillas, whole wheat if preferred
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 20 slices deli Turkey
- 1 cup fresh baby Spinach
- ½ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese, green onion, garlic powder and sea salt.
- Lay out a tortilla and spread on roughly 1 tablespoon of cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cranberries, small handful of spinach and 4 slices of turkey on top of cream cheese. Roll tortilla up tightly. Repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients.
- Once ready to eat, slice each tortilla into 5 pieces.