Breakfast is the most important meal of the day for one primary reason – it sets the tone for the rest of the day. Think about it; what happens when you have a bowl of sugary, high carb cereal that lacks any real nutrition?
You tend to not only get hungry an hour later but also start to suffer from an energy dip, which may have you reaching for another bad food choice as you try to get your energy levels back up.
Starting your day off with a bad first meal can be a sure way to set yourself up for failure. Instead make sure that you are eating a proper and balanced breakfast, such as the Sweet Potato breakfast pizza we have below! This Breakfast pizza is packed with complex carbohydrates, healthy fats and filling protein to provide optimal staying power and is also loaded with essential vitamins and minerals.
Sweet Potato Breakfast Pizza
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (about 1 medium cooked potato)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese
- handful fresh Spinach
- 1 tomato, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the mashed Potato, coconut flour, tapioca flour and water until combined. Dough should come together when pressed into a ball. If dough is sticky, add ½ tablespoon more of tapioca flour.
- Flatten dough into a circle onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with seasonings. Bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove crust from over. Add pizza sauce, cheese, spinach and tomato. Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Crack eggs over crust. Return to oven for 5 to 10 minutes depending on how you like your eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then serve.