Fish is an incredibly healthy source of protein. Cod in particular, is rich in protein as well as essential nutrients needed by the human body. With just 100 calories in a four-ounce serving, cod contains 21 grams of protein along with over 100% of the daily-recommended amount of vitamin B12.
Besides vitamin B12, cod, like most fish, is an excellent source of heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids. In fact, studies show that those who eat fish such as cod have a much lower risk for heart disease and heart attack than those who don’t.
Unfortunately when it comes to fish however, it can also be pretty boring, which is why we’ve spiced it up in this recipe! Rubbed in a delicious mixture of spices and served alongside a chili lime corn salad, this spiced baked cod is the perfect way to get that healthy fish into your diet.
Spiced Baked Cod with Chili Lime Corn
Baked Cod Ingredients:
- 2 cod fillets (tilapia also works)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
Chili Lime Corn Ingredients:
- 2 cup frozen corn
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drizzle olive oil over both sides of the fillets. In a small bowl, combined the remaining ingredients.
- Pat spice onto fish, making sure to equally distribute the seasonings.
- Place fish onto baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes depending on the size of your fillets.
- While fish is cooking, heat a pan over medium heat. Add the corn and bell pepper and cook until bell pepper has softened. Add remaining ingredients and stir to coat. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once fish is cooked, serve alongside corn salad.