The days have gotten shorter, the weather is cooling down, and hibernation mode is starting to kick in. No clue what that is? Well, it’s when the body starts to drift away from the lighter foods of summer and crave heavier foods. Think Pasta dishes, roasts, and of course, soups.
Soups are a favorite because of their simplicity. This taco Soup is just that, plus it’s loaded with flavor. No boring Chicken soup here! Packed with high quality protein, complex carbohydrates as well as filling fiber, this soup makes a great meal or even mid-day snack.
- 1 lb ground Turkey or beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasonings
- 1 cup water
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add chopped onion and cook until translucent.
- Add ground Turkey or beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Once meat is cooked through, add remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Let soup simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until flavors come together.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Top soup with:
- Reduced fat sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Avocado slices
Take a look at our Macronutrient Calculator, and learn something about Macro counting.