Shrimp is a fun source of protein to play around with every once in a while. Packed with protein for not a lot of calories, just three ounces of baked shrimp provides roughly 20 grams of protein with very little fat and carbohydrates. It also contains an impressive amount of nutrients, with four ounces of shrimp containing 100% of your daily need for selenium, 75% of vitamin B12, over 50% of phosphorus and over 30% of choline, copper and iodine.
Skip the taco truck this week and instead enjoy these delicious shrimp tacos at home. Super simple to throw together and cook, these shrimp tacos are on the table in less than 20 minutes with a killer cilantro lime sauce to dip in.
Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1 lb medium shrimp, deveined and tails removed
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Cilantro Lime Sauce:
- ½ cup Greek yogurt, plain, 0% fat
- ½ large avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- red cabbage, sliced thinly
- green cabbage, sliced thinly
- corn tortillas, warmed
- extra lime
- Add the cilantro lime sauce ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor. Process on high until smooth. Scoop into a bowl and set in the fridge to chill until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the seasonings for the shrimp. Add the shrimp and toss until evenly coated.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook until opaque and cooked through, roughly 3 minutes each side.
- To serve, top corn tortillas with red cabbage, green cabbage, shrimp and a scoop of cilantro lime sauce. Squeeze on extra lime, if desired.
To warm tortillas, wrap 3 to 4 at a time in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds. You can also heat them, one at a time, with a little olive oil in a pan over medium high heat for 1 minute per side.