Looking for a healthy breakfast that you can prep and cook once but eat all week? Then these Potato and Egg Breakfast Bowls are for you! Prepped and cooked in just 30 minutes, these bowls are the perfect mixture of complex carbohydrates and filling protein to get your day started off right.
As an added bonus this recipe is easily freezable and will keep in the refrigerator for three days, which means you can pack away the leftovers for a quick breakfast another day! Easy to pack up and take with you but gourmet enough to serve your entire family, these Potato and Egg Breakfast Bowls are a warm, comfort to any morning.
Potato and Egg Breakfast Bowls Recipe
Makes 6 bowls
- 2lbs red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 12 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheese
- green onion
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss potatoes, bell pepper, onion, olive oil and salt together. Spread on a large baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables are cooking, whisk together eggs with salt and pepper. Heat a skillet over medium heat and scramble eggs until just cooked.
- Once vegetables are done cooking, divide into bowls or containers. Top with scrambled eggs and toppings of choice.
- Place remaining potatoes and eggs in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to eat.