Snack bars are great when a quick source of fuel is needed, however commercial options can be filled with sugar and additives. Instead of paying $5 for a glorified candy bar that will do more harm to your diet than good, try making your own at home!
These peanut butter chocolate chip snack bars are a mix between a granola bar and a protein bar, with complex carbohydrates providing substantial energy and whey protein to keep you full until your next meal. Easily adaptable for almost any diet and made without any artificial ingredients or funky chemicals, these bars are an ideal snack to pack when you are on the go! Use a Macro Calculator based on your overall goals.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snack Bars
Makes 8 Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup Whey Protein powder, vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Peanut butter, natural
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup Almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, protein powder, chia seeds, cinnamon and salt.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the peanut butter and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds or until just melted. Mix until smooth.
- Stir the almond milk and vanilla extract into the peanut butter mixture.
- Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry until everything is incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and stir until just mixed.
- Spread batter into pan and bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Let bars cool before slicing into 8.
To Make Vegan:
Simply swap out the whey protein for your protein powder of choice and substitute maple syrup for the honey. Also use Dairy free chocolate chips