This orange creamsicle smoothie is an immune-boosting treat. Packed with filling protein and complex carbohydrates, it gets its immune-boosting nutrients from fresh orange juice and oranges.
Its no secret that oranges are bursting with vitamin C, but do you know how important vitamin C is for the body? Vitamin C is the main water-soluble antioxidant in the body, fighting free radicals and preventing any damage to the body’s cells. This means that not only does vitamin C boost the immune system, fighting against colds and the flu, but it also protects the body from more serious ailments such as cancer and diabetes.
Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- ½ banana, frozen
- ¼ cup Orange juice
- ¼ cup Almond milk
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt, 2% fat
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ small orange, peeled
- 1 teaspoon honey (or other sweetener)
- ice, if needed
- Add the banana, almond milk and orange juice to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until orange is fully incorporated into the drink. Add more ice if needed.