One pan meals are great for when you are in a time crunch. An easy way to prep a meal for the week or even for later in the day, this one pan roasted sausage and vegetable recipe can be used for any meal – breakfast, lunch or dinner! Made with smoked turkey sausage to minimize fat content but still provide protein, this recipe also incorporates four different vegetables for added nutrients. Pair this one pan dish with toast for breakfast, brown rice for lunch or quinoa for dinner. The possibilities are endless! Also great on its own, this one pan dish is simple to alter and change to suit your needs and tastes.
One Pan Roasted Sausage and Vegetables
- 2 red potatoes, cubed small
- 1 cup green beans, stems removed and halved
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 9 ounces smoked turkey sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Add the cubed potatoes, chopped green beans, broccoli florets, sliced bell pepper and diced sausage to the pan. Toss with olive oil and seasonings.
- Place pan into the oven and roast for 15 minutes. Stir vegetables and sausage and place back into the oven for 15 more minutes or until vegetables are tender and sausage is browned.
- Once removed from the oven, sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve alongside quinoa, brown rice or on its own.
If you don’t have the above vegetables, just use whatever you have on hand! Just remember to cut them all into relatively similar sizes so that they have an even cooking time.