Looking for a quick meal to cook up on a busy night? Then this one pan pork chops recipe is for you! In this recipe, boneless pork chops are cooked in a delicious rosemary and thyme sauce and then paired with green apples and onions for a flavorful, gourmet dinner that is on the table in less than 30 minutes!
We all have those days when the last thing we want to do is cook for an hour and do a bunch of dishes afterwards. That’s what makes this one pan recipe so great – not only will you have a no fuss dinner on the table in no time but you’ll also only have to wash one pan. What more could you want from a dinner?
Packed with flavor and lean protein, this dish is a simple yet healthy meal to add to your weekly meal plan!
One Pan Pork Chops with Apple and Onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 – 4 ounce pork chops
- salt and pepper
- ¾ cup low sodium Chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- Heat a pan over medium high and add one tablespoon olive oil. Season both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. Add the pork to the pan, cooking for 5 minutes per side. Chops will finish cooking later, so they don’t need to be completely done. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan along with sliced apples and onion. Cook for 4 minutes, stirring often. Add rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper to season.
- Whisk together the broth and mustard. Stir sauce into the Apple mixture, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Add pork back into the pan and cook until liquid has been reduced by half.