Craving something rich, fudgy and chocolaty to end your day with?
Then this low carb chocolate mug cake is for you! This chocolate mug cake is made with coconut flour, which not only gives the cake a fluffy texture but also keeps it lower in carbohydrates.
High in fiber, protein and healthy fats, coconut flour is a fantastic flour substitute for those with gluten allergies and is a favorite amongst Paleo diet followers. Curb your Chocolate craving and indulge in this healthy, low carb chocolate mug cake tonight!
Low Carb Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, whisked
- ¼ cup Almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup OR 5 drops liquid stevia
- ½ tablespoon mini-chocolate chips
- Whisk together the egg, almond milk and sweetener. Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and whisk until no lumps remain. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a microwavable safe coffee cup or ramekin. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes watching so the cake does not boil over.