Skip that boring sandwich and instead cook up this simple and flavorful Honey Dijon Chicken Quinoa Salad.
This delicious quinoa salad is packed with healthy carbohydrates and complete protein (quinoa contains all nine essential amino acids), powering you through the lunch hour.
Cook up this meal with extra chicken (or even choose another protein) and keep it in the refrigerator for a quick, healthy lunch during the week.
Honey Dijon Chicken Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
Honey Dijon Ingredients:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss broccoli and cauliflower in olive oil then place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While vegetables are baking, cook quinoa in water according to package directions.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook 5 minutes each side, depending on thickness. Remove from heat once cooked and dice into chunks.
- Once quinoa and vegetables have cooked, toss together in a large bowl.
- To serve portion out quinoa and vegetables. Top with chunked chicken and drizzle with honey Dijon dressing.