A simple fruit, yogurt and granola parfait is one of the quickest and easiest snack options when the hunger pangs start to hit.
By using Greek yogurt over regular yogurt you can double the protein content, with roughly 12 grams of protein in just half a cup.
The trick is however, to avoid the flavoured varieties as they can pack in as many grams of sugar as grams of protein.
The safe (and smart) option is to always pick the plain variety, though not many people can handle the tart taste of plain Greek yogurt.
Thankfully with just a few ingredients, plain Greek yogurt can be doctored into something delicious!
This simple Fruit, Yogurt and Granola Parfait pairs fresh fruit with honey-sweetened plain Greek yogurt that gets topped with a homemade granola for a satisfying crunch.
Fruit, Yogurt & Granola Parfait
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the honey and coconut oil for 30 seconds. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in the coconut sugar and vanilla extract until combined. Add remaining ingredients and stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Spread granola onto baking sheet in a thin layer. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Allow granola to cool before storing in an airtight container.
To Assemble Parfaits:
- Mix together the honey and plain Greek yogurt. Layer yogurt with sliced berries and ¼ cup of homemade granola.