These fresh blueberry bars are a doubled-edged source of nutrition.
Firstly they set themselves apart from other baked goods by being made with almond flour.
Almond flour, also known as almond meal, is an incredible flour to bake with.
Made from ground almonds and naturally gluten-free, Almond flour is low in carbohydrates, high in protein and high in fiber.
In just a quarter cup of almond flour there is 6 grams of carbohydrates, 6 grams of protein, 16 grams of fat and 3 grams of fiber.
It is also high in Vitamins and minerals like iron, riboflavin, magnesium, potassium, calcium and vitamin E.
The next nutritional star is blueberries.
These fresh Blueberry bars are made with a full pint of blueberries, which provides an abundance of healthy antioxidants to help ward off free radicals and the damage they may cause.
Blueberries also provide a high dose of vitamin C and vitamin K along with vitamin B6, iron, calcium, potassium, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin E.
So whether you choose to eat these bars as a snack or even a quick breakfast, rest easy knowing you are getting solid nutrition with each bite!
Fresh Blueberry Bars
Makes 8 bars
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk the coconut oil, eggs and vanilla together until smooth. Stir into dry ingredients until well incorporated. Batter will be thick.
- Spread batter into baking dish. Sprinkle blueberries onto the top of the batter, pressing them down slightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top is golden and toothpick comes out clean.