All too often protein is the macronutrient in one’s diet that is lacking. Though protein shakes and smoothies are a viable tool to increase overall protein intake, relying on these sources of protein is putting you at a disadvantage. Why? Real food will always be better for the body!
Whole food protein sources such as the eggs and deli Turkey found in these egg turkey wraps offer more than just protein for the body – they also include essential nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. Eggs alone are one of the most nutritious food sources on the planet with fat soluble Vitamins, essential fatty acids and high quality protein.
Perfect for a quick Breakfast or a filling snack, these egg turkey wraps are low carb and packed with protein. Add even more nutrition to this simple snack by including a handful of fresh Spinach or a few slices of avocado!
Egg Turkey Wraps
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro or rosemary, chopped
- 2 slices deli turkey
- cheese (optional)
- Heat a small nonstick pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking oil or add a small dollop of oil to the pan.
- Using one egg at a time, beat together with ½ teaspoon of each fresh herb. Add to the hot skillet and swirl pan to make sure that the egg coats the entire surface.
- Once the egg is cooked enough, gently flip over. Sprinkle with cheese, if using.
- Transfer egg to a plate and add a slice of turkey. Roll up and serve with toppings of choice.
Make a few of these egg turkey wraps at a time and keep leftovers individually wrapped in plastic wrap for a quick snack or Breakfast on the go!