Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but too many people skip it due to not having enough time or enough ingredients.
Don’t short change your body by passing on breakfast – instead, make these super simple yet nutritious egg and kale breakfast tacos!
These breakfast tacos are simple to throw together, easy to make, and only require a few ingredients. As an added bonus, they are packed with nutrients, making sure you’ve got the energy you need to start your day off on the right foot!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large kale leaf, torn and shredded
- 2 corn tortillas
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Wisk together the eggs and the kale. Pour into the skillet and scramble until cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Warm the corn tortillas in a microwave until pliable.
- Evenly distribute the egg and kale mixture to the tortillas.
- Top with salsa and avocado.
The best part about this recipe (besides how simple it is!) is how versatile it is. Not a fan of kale? Try spinach instead? Don’t need the natural gluten-free corn tortillas? Then swap them out for wheat tortillas. This breakfast is so simple and brainless that you can’t possibly have a reason for ever skipping breakfast again!