There is no better way to start the day than with a solidly nutritious meal. Though breakfast is a vital part of your day, it can be hard to eat a healthy meal when you are rushing out the door in the morning. That is why it is so essential to have a quick, prepared breakfast ready to go!
These egg and veggie breakfast quesadillas may not be as quick to cook as that instant bowl of oatmeal you were thinking of, but they are still on the table and ready to eat in under 20 minutes. Vary them to fit your preferences by adding or swapping out the vegetables and even consider adding cooked bacon or sausage if you have it ready to go. The best part about these quesadillas however is that they are freezer friendly – which menas you can heat them up for food on the go.
Egg and Veggie Breakfast Quesadillas
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup chopped zucchini
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese of choice
- 2 whole grain tortillas
- salsa, for dipping
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the bell pepper and zucchini and cook until softened.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Once veggies have cooked, pour the whisked eggs into the pan with the veggies. Scramble eggs until cooked. Remove eggs from the pan and then place the pan back on to the burner.
- Once eggs have cooked, divide the mixture amongst two tortillas. Sprinkle cheese over each tortilla then fold in half.
- Place folded tortilla into the same pan you cooked the eggs in. Cover and cook for two minutes each side or until cheese melts.
- Serve quesadillas with salsa for dipping.
If freezing quesadillas for future use, simply lay each cooked quesadilla onto a large baking sheet and freeze for two hours. Once frozen, store in a large freezer bag until ready to eat.