A lot of people try to ignore their sugar cravings, which most of the time leads to unwanted binges late at night. Avoid the late night binge and guilt by instead treating yourself to something sweet yet also healthy!
Easy enough to be enjoyed on your couch but still fancy enough to be served to your dinner guests, these pears are stuffed with a delicious mixture of pecans, cinnamon and honey and then baked until soft. With just a few ingredients that you most likely already have on hand, these baked pears are a quick dessert to turn to when that sugar craving is rearing its ugly head!
Cinnamon Baked Pears with Honey
Makes 4 pear halves
- 2 green pears
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoons pecans
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the pears in half length-wise. Scoop out seeds and set on parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey, pecans, cinnamon and coconut oil. Distribute mixture evenly amongst the pear halves.
- Bake pears for 25 minutes. They should be soft and bubbling.
- Serve with an extra drizzle of honey and garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
Take these baked pears up a notch by pairing them with fresh whipped cream or even a scoop of ice cream!
You can also increase the protein of these baked pears by adding a serving of Greek yogurt on the side. Use plain Greek yogurt to keep the sugar content down and instead add your own cinnamon and honey to match the flavors of the pears.