If you’re like most serious bodybuilders, then you already have cooked chicken in your fridge and this chicken with broccoli feta couscous recipe will take you 5 minutes flat. If you don’t happen to have cooked chicken just sitting around in your fridge then it might take you 15 minutes, but it’s still a quick, tasty meal.
Besides a quick lunch, this recipe could also pass for a nice post workout meal. Protein from the chicken helps muscle recovery, while couscous supplies you with the carbohydrates needed for glycogen replenishment. Broccoli gives this dish fiber while supplying your body with vitamin A, K and D.
This recipe is also fantastic cold or warm, which means it can be a quick pack and go lunch for those days you are running late or need something quick to eat Post Workout. Use our macro calculator as a guide with portioning.
Chicken with Broccoli Feta Couscous Recipe
- 1 Chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup wheat couscous
- ¼ cup Feta cheese
- ½ cup broccoli florets, steamed
- sea salt and pepper
- In a large pot, bring 2 ¼ cup water to boil.
- Once boiling, add couscous. Turn off heat, cover and let couscous absorb water.
- While couscous cooks, heat a pan over medium heat with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add Chicken and cook until no longer pink – roughly 5 to 8 minutes.
- Once couscous has fully absorbed all of the water, fluff with a fork.
- Add feta, broccoli and seasonings and stir to combine.
- Once chicken is cooked, scoop desired serving size of broccoli feta couscous onto a plate and top with chicken.