Cauliflower is one of the most neutral vegetables out there, giving it the ability to take on almost any flavor and be used as a substitute in all kinds of different recipes.
Unfortunately for cauliflower however, its green sibling broccoli often overshadows it. While broccoli itself offers a plethora of health benefits, cauliflower contains an abundance of nutrients that make it just as important for our health. In fact, due to the essential nutrients it provides along with the benefits these nutrients have, cauliflower can be considered a “superfood”, a term that is reserved for the healthiest foods for our bodies.
A one-cup serving of cauliflower provides just 29 calories; nearly zero grams of fat, 73% of the daily-recommended amount of vitamin C and 9% of the recommended amount of omega-3 fatty acids. The real star of cauliflower is its antioxidants called phytochemicals, which help to ward off Brain disease, diabetes, cancer and even heart disease.
We’ve capitalized on cauliflower’s neutral taste by transforming it into rice in this Chicken Enchilada Cauliflower Rice Bowl. Seasoned with garlic powder, lime juice and cilantro, cauliflower transforms into a delicious zesty base for a low-carb based meal.
Chicken Enchilada Cauliflower Rice Bowl
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice Ingredients:
- 1 medium Cauliflower, chopped into florets
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
Enchilada Chicken Ingredients:
- 2 boneless skinless Chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- small can red enchilada sauce
- Add the chicken, chili powder and enchilada sauce to a slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours. Shred the chicken once cooked.
- To make the rice, add the cauliflower florets to a food processor in batches. Process until cauliflower resembles rice. Remove from container and repeat with remaining florets.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat and spray it with cooking spray.
- Add the cauliflower rice, chili powder and garlic powder. Let rice sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to incorporate. Remove from heat.
- To serve, add rice to the bottom of a bowl and top with shredded chicken. Add additional toppings, if desired.