When you are in need of a filling breakfast that will keep hunger at bay for hours, you should try whipping up these blueberry protein pancakes. Eating a high protein breakfast will help sustain you throughout the day and give you more energy, brain power and focus for all the important stuff!
These protein pancakes get their bulk from non-fat Greek yogurt instead of protein powder. Protein powder can give baked and cooked goods a gummy texture sometimes, but these Pancakes remain smooth, fluffy and delicious. Rolled oats provide filling fiber to provide a double whammy of tummy-sticking satiety.
While other high protein Breakfast options exist (think eggs, meats, yogurts and omelets), they can sometimes get repetitive and boring. These high protein, fiber filled pancakes provide a new option and are also easy to pack as a Breakfast on the go!
- ½ cup rolled oats (not the instant kind)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a blender, blend together the oatmeal, egg, greek yogurt, milk, baking powder, vanilla extract and honey until smooth.
- Use ¼ cup measurement and pour batter into hot pan. Sprinkle on blueberries.
- Cook and flip.
If you are using oat flour (simply ground up oatmeal) then you do not need to blend these pancakes. Use a hand mixer and just whip the ingredients together until mixed.
Use gluten-free oatmeal to make these pancakes gluten-free
Optional Topping Ideas:
- More blueberries or fresh fruit
- Warmed jam or jelly
- A tablespoon of melted nut butter
- Maple syrup
For another tasty breakfast option, try our banana waffles!