Healthy, fiber-rich muffins are great to have on hand for a quick breakfast or a snack when you are on the go. These blueberry banana muffins are not only incredibly nutrient dense but are also crazy delicious – the perfect muffin combination!
Made from rolled oats, these muffins require no flour. Instead, all of the ingredients are added to a blender, turning the oats into oat flour in the process. Oat flour is a fantastic source of fiber, which can help to lower cholesterol as well as the chances of heart disease. As an added benefit these Muffins are also incredibly filling thanks to their fiber content, making them a great option for a healthy breakfast.
Blueberry Banana Blender Muffins
- 2 ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, softened
- ¼ cup Almond milk
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a Muffin tin with liners.
- Add the ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor in this order – bananas, eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, honey, vanilla, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. Process on high until batter is smooth. Gently stir the blueberries into the batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, filling each muffin cup ¾ way full. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Freeze these muffins by allowing them to cool completely, then placing them on a baking sheet in the freezer. Freeze for an hour, then place into a large freezer bag and keep in the freezer until ready to eat. This will keep the muffins from sticking to one another. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to re-heat.