Pizza is often thought of as a “cheat meal” and for good reason. With an abundance of excess carbohydrates, fat and calories, pizza tends to be a food that gets pushed to the wayside when one is trying to simply eat healthier or lose weight. Thankfully however, pizza doesn’t have to be gone forever!
It’s common knowledge that thin crust Pizza has less calories and carbohydrates than the original thick crust, but even thin crust pizzas can be too caloric sometimes – especially given all the different kinds of toppings available. So what’s a pizza lover to do? How about make your own at home!
This quick and simple BBQ Hawaiian flatbread pizza is easy to make and cooks up in fewer than 10 minutes – well under the time it would take the pizza delivery guy to get to your door! With a delicious naan flatbread base, it’s topped with barbeque sauce, ham and pineapple to immolate one of the most popular pizza combinations. And while this pizza is insanely delicious it won’t set you back in calories. In fact, this entire pizza has less calories and fat than one regular slice of pizza!
So stop ignoring that pizza craving. Grab yourself some flatbread and make your own delicious pizza at home today!
BBQ Hawaiian Flatbread Pizza
- 1 naan flatbread
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3-1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 1 ring fresh pineapple, chopped
- 2 slices deli ham, chopped
- Parsley to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drizzle olive oil over flatbread and spread with your fingers. Place flatbread onto baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Top flatbread with BBQ sauce, cheese, pineapple and deli ham. Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.