Sweet potato fries are baked instead of fried – making them a healthier way to get your French fry fix without the unhealthy oils or saturated fat.
Sweet potatoes are a healthy orange vegetable. One 5-inch sweet potato (with the skin) contains 4 grams of fiber, roughly 19% of the daily recommended intake.
It’s distinctive Orange color also assures you of its potent beta-carotene content which is a powerful antioxidant that fights cancer.
A 5-inch sweet potato contains six times the recommended amount of beta-carotene for men and eight times the amount for women.
Instead of ruining those health benefits by frying them, these baked sweet potato fries keeps the nutrients intact while still providing you with delicious tasting fries.
Enjoy these as a dinner side dish or prep them ahead of time and eat them for lunch!
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, washed and dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut potatoes into ¼ inch strips or to your desired thickness and length.
- Place potatoes into a large bowl and toss with oil and spices.
- Spread evenly onto a lined baking sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes, turning once half way through.
- Fries will need more or less time depending on thickness.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.