Eggs are quite literally the perfect food. Packed with protein and at least a small amount of every single nutrient that our bodies need, eggs are a popular breakfast food. Getting tired of eating eggs the same way each and every day though? Then the following egg Breakfast ideas are for you!
Apple, Cheddar & Caramelized Onion Egg Bagel Sandwich
An egg breakfast sandwich might not be anything new to you, however these flavor combinations most certainly will be! A balance of protein and carbohydrates to fill you over until lunch time, this sandwich is also chock full of exciting flavor. Make these sandwiches in bulk and wrap in clear wrap before freezing for a quick Breakfast on the go when you need it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 handfuls arugula
- 4 eggs, cooked as desired
- 4 bagels, whole wheat
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- 1 Apple, thinly sliced
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil along with the onion slices. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion has caramelized.
- Once onion has caramelized, preheat oven to broil.
- Lay bagels on a baking sheet. Top with cheddar cheese and place into the oven for 1 minute or until bagels have toasted and cheese has melted.
- Top each bagel with an egg, apple slices, arugula and caramelized onions. Slice in half and serve.
Bell Pepper Eggs in a Hole
Simple to make with just a few basic ingredients, these bell pepper eggs in a hole are a great way to sneak in a vegetable first thing in the morning.
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into ½ inch rings
- 5 eggs
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- whole wheat bread, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Place pepper rings into the skillet and sauce for one minute.
- Gently crack an egg into the center of each ring. Add it slowly so as to prevent it from spilling out of the ring.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes or until yolks reach desired consistency. Gently flip, if wanting to cook both sides.
Baked Italian Eggs
Makes 2 servings
These cheesy eggs are loaded with Italian flavor. Prepped, cooked and ready to eat in under 20 minutes!
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Grease two 10-ounce ramekins with oil.
- Divide marinara sauce between the ramekins. Top with eggs, cheese and salt and pepper.
- Bake eggs for 10-15 minutes or until whites are cooked through.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil and serve immediately.
Blueberry Egg Bake
Makes 6 large slices
Eggs take on a subtly sweet note in this simple blueberry egg bake. Delicious on its own or added to a piece of Toast, this egg bake can be made ahead of time and enjoyed for up to 3 days.
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8 inch skillet with cooking spray.
- Beat together the eggs, coconut oil, vanilla, coconut flour and cinnamon until smooth. Pour into the skillet and sprinkle with blueberries.
- Bake skillet for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve immediately.
Egg Pepperoni Pizza
Craving pizza for breakfast? Skip the bread and instead make the base of your pizza from eggs, then top it with cheese and pepperoni for a high protein pizza unlike any other.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, reduced fat cheese
- 5 slices pepperoni
- sea salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning
- fresh basil, for topping
- Heat olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Crack the eggs gently into the pan.
- Once egg whites start to turn white, spoon pizza sauce over the eggs.
- Reduce heat to low and continue to cook until whites are set. Sprinkle with seasonings and top with cheese and pepperoni.
- Continue cooking on low until cheese is melted and egg whites are completely set.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of fresh chopped basil, if desired.
Baked Egg Avocado
Breakfast doesn’t get easier than this! Protein packed egg whites are baked into seasoned avocados for a filling and nutritious breakfast with healthy fats.
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Gently slice a thin slice off the bottom of each avocado to keep it from rolling. Place onto the baking sheet.
- Distribute the egg whites into the avocados. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle avocados with parsley and serve.
Easy Egg ShakShuka
Shakshuka is a hearty dish of eggs in a spicy tomato sauce that can be enjoyed any time of day. Serve this delicious recipe for breakfast or brunch along with chunks of hearty bread for scooping and dipping or simply eat it on its on for a great high protein, low carb meal.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 3 ounces Feta cheese
- 8 eggs
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large pan. Add onion and bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add spices and stir in tomatoes, cooking until thickened, roughly 15 minutes. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Reduce heat to medium low and crack eggs into the pan, being careful not to break the yolks. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Sprinkle with extra feta cheese and fresh parsley before serving.
If you are getting sick of the same boring plate of eggs each morning, you’ve got to try these seven simple yet healthy egg breakfast ideas. Each one is high in muscle-building protein and low on carbohydrates – the perfect way to start your morning! If you have a love of hardboiled eggs, read our interesting hardboiled eggs recipes article.