Hardboiled eggs are a terrific source of protein, vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. Typically a great option for a high protein snack, below we share five ways to turn that plain hardboiled egg into a delicious and flavorful main course.
Egg Curry with Cherry Tomatoes
You’ve never had curry like this before. This simple dish has all of the flavors of traditional curry, however hardboiled eggs replace the meat to create a delicious meat-free curry that is still high in protein and nutrients.
- 8 eggs, hardboiled and peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ inch piece ginger, grated
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- pinch black pepper
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Stir in the spices and allow to cook for two minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook together for 8 minutes or until tomatoes begin to wilt.
- Slice the hardboiled eggs in half. Gently add to the tomatoes and cook for one minute or until warmed through.
- To serve, spoon the egg curry over brown rice or grain of choice and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Sesame Carrot Rice with Hardboiled Eggs
This recipe utilizes cooked brown rice to create a quick and flavorful dish. With bold flavors such as ginger and sesame and hardboiled eggs for protein, this dish can be enjoyed as a side dish or a main course.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- ½ inch ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, reduced sodium
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 hardboiled eggs, sliced
- green onions, chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant – roughly two minutes. Stir in carrots and cook one more minute.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar and sesame seeds. Pour over the carrots and cook for one minute.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir to combine. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Add sliced hardboiled eggs to the pan. Toss gently with the rice.
- Serve with diced green onions and parsley, if desired.
Guacamole Deviled Eggs
Makes 12 halves
Made without any mayonnaise, these deviled eggs are stuffed with a quick homemade guacamole instead. High in protein and rich in healthy fats, you can eat the entire platter guilt free.
- 6 hardboiled eggs, peeled
- 1 medium Hass avocado
- ½ fresh lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato, diced
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- Cut the hardboiled eggs in half horizontally. Remove the egg yolks and set the whites onto a platter. Keep two yolks and discard the remaining yolks or save for another purpose.
- In a bowl, mash together the avocado and egg yolks. Mix in the lime juice, onion, cilantro, tomato and garlic salt.
- Distribute egg mixture evenly amongst the 12 egg halves. Sprinkle with fresh pepper and serve.
Hardboiled Egg Salad Casserole
Hardboiled eggs don’t have to always be eaten cold. Enjoy them fresh from the oven and covered in cheese in this simple casserole dish!
- 10 hardboiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2/3 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ large tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 11×7 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs, mayonnaise, bell pepper, tomato, onion and seasonings. Stir until everything is well mixed, however do not mash together.
- Add egg mixture to the baking dish and sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve hot or cold.
Egg, Avocado and Tomato Salad
It doesn’t get much simpler than this egg, avocado and tomato salad. Packed with protein, vitamins, minerals and plenty of healthy fats, this salad is simple to toss together and requires only a few main ingredients.
- 2 hardboiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mozzarella or Feta cheese
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Add the eggs, avocado, tomato and fresh mozzarella or feta to a bowl.
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon over the ingredients and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Stop eating boring and bland hardboiled eggs. Instead, turn those eggs into something flavorful and fun with one of these five delicious recipes! If you love your eggs and want more recipes, check out our Eggs Benedict English Muffin, Freezer Friendly Egg Burrito, Egg Turkey Wrap, Pesto and Egg Quinoa Breakfast Bowl, and Savory Breakfast Waffle recipes.