There’s not much better than a warm, crumbly brownie except for maybe a warm, crumbly, healthy brownie. Made with just four simple ingredients and with no refined sugars or oil, the below protein brownie recipe is actually one that you can enjoy guilt-free.
So what makes these brownies so good for you? First off they are sweetened naturally with bananas, which not only replaces oil and butter in this recipe but also negates the need for any added sugar. Bananas are not only good sources of healthy carbohydrates but also provide fiber, vitamin C and potassium. Potassium is one of those vital nutrients that most people don’t get enough of in their diets, plus it helps to aid in the reduction of muscle soreness. Bananas also rank fairly low on the glycemic index so they won’t spike your blood sugar like other sweeteners can.
Paired with the healthy fats from peanut butter as well as the protein from the casein, these 4 Ingredient Protein Brownies are one brownie that you can eat guilt free any time of day!
4 Ingredient Protein Brownies
- 3 bananas, mashed
- ½ cup Peanut butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 scoops of Chocolate casein protein powder
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment.
- Add the bananas and peanut butter to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder and casein protein powder. Pulse until batter comes together and no lumps remain.
- Spread batter into pan. Sprinkle with walnuts, if desired. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.