Do you struggle to find the time to make breakfast in the morning? Then try making it the day before!
The following three recipes are make ahead breakfasts that are simple to prep, put together and make the day before you need them. These recipes can also be prepped in batches, giving you extra to have for several days in a row!
Each of the following make ahead breakfasts provide everything you need to get you going in the morning, with a balance of both carbohydrates and protein for staying power that will keep you full and satisfied all morning long.
Mini Frittata Egg Muffins
These mini frittata egg muffins are the perfect protein-packed Breakfast on the go. Completely customizable to your tastes, switch the vegetables you use to create a different flavor combination each time!
- 8 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup Broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- ½ cup shredded Sweet Potato
- 1/3 cup reduced fat cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a Muffin tray with silicone wrappers or spray well with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the broccoli, tomato, cheese and spices.
- Distribute the egg mixture evenly amongst 10 muffin tins. Sprinkle with extra cheese, if desired.
- Bake egg muffins for 10-15 minutes or until tops are set.
Make these mini frittatas without the sweet potato to keep them low carb.
PB&J Quinoa Breakfast Wrap
Quick to throw together the night before and even easier to grab and eat on the run, this pb&j quinoa breakfast wrap is filled with everything a good breakfast needs. It takes the traditional pb&j up a notch by including quinoa, a Superfood that provides plant-based protein as well as essential vitamins and minerals.
- 2 whole wheat tortillas (or tortillas of choice)
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 tablespoons Peanut butter, natural
- 2 tablespoons jam of choice, natural
- sliced strawberries
- In a bowl, mix together the quinoa and Cinnamon. Set aside.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, spread one tablespoon of peanut butter onto the tortilla, followed by one tablespoon of jam. Top with half of the quinoa, then add sliced strawberries. Repeat with other tortilla.
- Wrap tortilla as you would a Burrito, securely tucking in the ends so that nothing falls out.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and then tin foil. Store in the fridge until ready to eat.
Blueberries and Cream Overnight Breakfast Smoothie
This blueberries and cream overnight breakfast smoothie is a complete meal in a glass. With Greek yogurt for protein, rolled oats for fiber and Chia seeds for heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids, this smoothie has it all. Of course don’t forget about the blueberries which contain an abundant amount of nutrients – including antioxidants to ward off dangerous free radicals.
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (0%-2% fat)
- ½ banana
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- In a high-speed blender, pulse together the chia seeds and rolled oats until broken down into a flour.
- Add the milk and pulse a few times to break up the oat mixture from the bottom of the blender. Add remaining ingredients and blend on high until smooth.
- Transfer the Smoothie into a jar or cup with a lid and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, simply grab your Smoothie, give it a shake and enjoy!
Smoothie will stay fresh for 2 to 3 days.
With these make ahead breakfasts, you won’t ever have to miss breakfast again. Whether you prep them for the week or simply for the next day, these simple recipes are sure to make your mornings easier!