Lasagna is a classic family meal in a lot of homes but sometimes making an entire lasagna can sound daunting. It can also be a very heavy meal that is stuffed with meat and cheese making it an unhealthy choice – which is why these spinach lasagna roll ups are meatless and lightened up!
Instead of the traditional ricotta cheese that many lasagna recipes use, this recipe substitutes cottage cheese in its place for less calories and fat. And while no lasagna is complete without cheese, these lasagna roll ups only call for half a cup of mozzarella in total.
Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups
Makes 9 Rolls
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup cottage cheese, reduced fat
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup part skin mozzarella cheese
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour enough sauce into a 9×12 baking dish to cover the bottom.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the spinach, cottage cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Working one at a time, lie out a lasagna noodle and top with ¼ cup ricotta mixture. Roll noodle up gently and place seam side down into the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Spoon sauce over noodles and sprinkle on mozzarella cheese.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes.