Looking for some high protein low carb recipes for dinner tonight? The following three recipes are low carb and so delicious that you won’t even notice that the carbs are missing! Whether you are eating low carb or not, these recipes are incredibly tasty and packed with muscle-building protein – making them a favorite for everyone!
Broccoli Bacon and Cheddar Chicken
This simple dish requires just four main ingredients. With both chicken and turkey bacon for protein, broccoli for healthy greens and a little cheese melted on top of it all – this dish is sure to be one of your favorite high protein low carb recipes for dinner that you come back to again and again!
- 4 thin chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets, blanched
- 6 turkey bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add chicken breasts to the bottom of the casserole dish. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Top chicken with blanched broccoli, chopped bacon and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake chicken, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts.
You can either use 4 thin chicken breasts or two large chicken breasts sliced in half.
Lasagna Stuffed Bell Peppers
These stuffed peppers taste just like your favorite lasagna recipe – only without the noodles! Cottage cheese replaces the traditional ricotta as well to save on fat and calories without sacrificing any of the flavor.
- 6 bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup reduced fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the ground meat and cook until browned, breaking the meat apart with a wooden spoon. Once meat has cooked through, add the marinara sauce and spices. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- To prepare the peppers, lay them cut side up on the baking sheet. Evenly distribute meat sauce, then top with cottage cheese and mozzarella.
- Tent the peppers with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and cook 10 more minutes to melt the cheese.
Turkey Feta Meatballs
Makes 20 meatballs
No breadcrumbs are needed in these Turkey feta meatballs! Packed with flavor from crumbled feta cheese and fresh parsley, pair these meatballs over your pasta substitute of choice to complete a low carb dinner.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- spiralized zucchini, yellow squash or spaghetti squash
- marinara sauce
- fresh parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the meatballs ingredients together well. Roll each meatball into two tablespoon-sized balls.
- Bake the meatballs for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve meatballs on top of spiralized zucchini and marinara sauce of choice. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese.
Treat yourself to one of these high protein low carb recipes for dinner tonight and enjoy a protein-packed meal that tastes great!