Finding healthy but tasty snacks can be difficult. Most of the snack bars sold at stores are ridiculously over priced and are filled with artificial ingredients and chemicals that do your body no good. The truth is however, that there’s no need for those store-bought snacks! Easy and healthy snacks can be made right in your own kitchen for just a fraction of the price, with only a few ingredients needed.
These healthy snack bites are gluten-free and refined-sugar free but are still packed with flavor and nutrients. Super charged from the super foods flaxseed, cacao nibs and goji berries, these bites also provide a good shot of filling protein.
Makes 18 bites
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder of choice
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup all natural peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- ¼ cup goji berries
- In a microwavable bowl, place peanut butter and honey. Microwave 30 seconds or until melted. Stir until smooth.
- In the same bowl, add the oats, protein powder, flaxseed and cinnamon. Mix until everything comes together.
- Finally, stir in the cacao nibs and goji berries.
- Roll into bites using 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Store in the fridge.
With snack bites like these, why would you ever buy store-bought snacks again? Change up protein powder flavors, spices, and even nut butters to give these power bites an entirely new flavor.